A Worldwide Organization of Cocktail Enthusiasts

Technical Problems...

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,169
Robert Hess Posted: 17 Apr 2009 1:59 PM

Sorry the site was down for a while today. The database appears to have been offline for a while, and that was preventing access.

-Robert

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 30

I was browsing the forum today and suddenly an error occurred. I went back in the history of my browsing and surprisingly this post [1] was still accessible. Apparently, no other posts were accessible, so Iam wondering why this particular post survived the crash...

A.

[1] http://chanticleersociety.org/forums/t/105.aspx

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 197

Normal 0 21 false false false PT-BR X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hello Robert,

Once in a while I get some text code added to the beginning of my posts when using Firefox.

I didn´t happen on my last post, but I thought I’d let you know. I can´t find any of my older posts that did that right now, since I’ve been using other browser for sometime now.

Or maybe you fixed that already…

Cheers,

Tony

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 197

Tony Harion:

Oh! There you go…found one… Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,169

Yeah... I'm not sure why those are happening... I've looked around, but can't seem to find a common thread.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 197

That´s ok... I’ll keep with the other browser... just wanted to let you know… Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 215

the coding appears when you type and spell check in word, copy and paste it directly. to past you have to click on the "paste from word"button and the coding should not appear.

I write even more of this drivel on Drinkmanual.com

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 215

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

The coding appears when you type and spell check in word, copy and paste it directly. To past you have to click on the ‘paste from word’ button and the coding should not appear.

See?

I write even more of this drivel on Drinkmanual.com

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 197

Uhm...

Interesting...

It´s weird that I don't get the code when I paste directly using Chrome, but I do when using Firefox...

Thanks again!

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,169

THAT's the problem... you should be using Internet Explorer of course!!! :->

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 197

Robert Hess:

THAT's the problem... you should be using Internet Explorer of course!!! :->

I knew this one was coming... :-> 

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,169

When I checked the site this morning I noticed I was getting a generic "There has been an error" page. I could dive into some individual pages on the site and they worked fine, but many would continue to return that error. I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but I triggered a re-build of the site, and that appears to have fixed things.

Sorry if you were having trouble getting to the site for a while.

-Robert

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,169

I noticed over the weekend that a few pages here were generating errors (such as the user map), unfortunately there was a problem on godaddy and I wasn't able to access the files until just now. Sorry about that.

Also note... this is the thread I'll use to post any comments, issues, etc regarding technical problems (and you can all post problem reports of your own as well).

If you'd like to have these posts automatically sent to you in email, just click the "Email me when someone replies" link that you will see at the top of the page, right below the "Search this site".

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,169

Sorry about the downtime yesterday, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but the database for some reason was offline. I couldn't even connect to it via directly via the management tools. Of course, by the time the tech support folks had a chance to get in and look at it, it was all working fine.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,169

There appears to be a problem with submitting new forum posts (in which case you won't see this, since it won't get posted), I'm working on it.

Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2017, The Chanticleer Society