A Worldwide Organization of Cocktail Enthusiasts

Email is up and working... obviously...

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,170
Robert Hess Posted: 5 Jul 2017 8:03 PM

Well, after far too long, I finally was able to fix the email pump here. So now replies to posts you were subscribed to will trigger an email notification.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how to "drain" the mail pump of all of the backed up messages, which means you will be getting a flurry of emails about old posts.

If you are finding this too much of an issue, you can edit your account and change your email address to some junkmail address you might have, and redirect all of the posts there for a while. Or I suspect if you change it to a properly formed, but non-existant email address, the system will attempt to send messages there, and then ignore any failures.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Robert

Not Ranked
Posts 1

Thank you finally back 😊

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,170

Yeah, it was amazing how quickly traffic ground to a halt when folks weren't alerted about responses to their posts/questions. I struggled many times to try to figure out what was going on, was even trying to find a way to migrate the entire message threads to a new system just to get email back up again, but just by chance I happened to stumble across what was really going on. Fingers crossed I got it fixed!

-Robert

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,170

I was able to find and clear out the email queue, so hopefully folks aren't getting bombarded by email alerts anymore.

-Robert

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2017, The Chanticleer Society