Posts 1,168
Robert Hess Posted: 30 Nov 2009 1:38 PM
Review: Vessel
1312 5th Ave
Seattle, WA 98101
USA
phone: (206) 652-0512
MODERN - $$$$ - EAT -
Vessel is a stylish craft bar, located right next to the 5th Avenue Theater. Their crisp elegant design is accompanied by exellently prepared cocktails served in antique glassware. They specialize in classic cocktails, as well as modern cocktails with a classic sensibility. You may want to leave your old standards at the door and ask the bartenders for some new ideas.
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 48

How does your pricing work? Is it international or local? I ask because Vessel is probably the most expensive place in town, but only average if it were to be transported to NY. You also have it at the same price as ZZ, whose cocktails are a good $3-$4 cheaper...

Stop staring at my Harry Johnson!

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,168

Pricing is intended to be local... honestly I haven't really paid much attention to the prices they charged so I was sort of taking a guess at this :->.. these first few "reviews" are my "kicking the  tires" to make sure I've got the system set up properly. I'm just now finishing up the "edit" feature so that I can go in and make modifications to the entries, and have a "report" about those modifications be slipped into the thread as well.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,168

Hmmm... Ok, "that" didn't quite work right :->... the update to the price got posted, but it didn't get reflected into this post like I thought it should have... back to the drawing board.

But in general this shows a good discussion aspect of how I envision this working. Somebody posts the details about a joint, somebody else perhaps questions/corrects those details in the thread, and then the entry is updated (and the fact that the entry is updated is recorded into the thread itself).

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,168
Review for Vessel has been updated by Robert Hess
  • Latitude was changed from 47.60919022938143 to 47.609204695797175
  • Longitude was changed from -122.33400821685792 to -122.33402967453006
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,168

Finally... :->

that last message was automatically inserted into this thread when I "fine-tuned" the location of Vessel on the map to place it closer then just the address was putting it on the map. When any values are updated on an entry, a similar message will be posted to the thread.

I'm almost ready to open this up to membership.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2017, The Chanticleer Society