The Chanticleer Society
A Worldwide Organization of Cocktail Enthusiasts

some stuff I made

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 143
Ralph Posted: 25 Sep 2017 8:23 PM

Well, I made some allspice dram and with some leftover plum jam stock, and some just go with it, a rum - plum liqueur.  The allspice dram is interesting, but I think the proof is a little high, made it with a mix of regular and Jamaican allspice.  Blended it with wray and nephew and 151, same with the rum plum stuff I made, turned out AMAZING!!!   And the proof is just right!!   now....  what to make with it all!!!   Also made some swedish punsch, minus the citrus, it is REALLY good, but honestly have no idea yet how it compares to a bottle of the regular stuff.   Also made some bitters, I call them the gates of hell bitters because I got them completely wrong and they are beyond all description of bitter.  Anyway, just thought I'd share!!!

to a

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,173

Ralph,

It is through trial and error experiments like this that some very interesting results can often appear. There are a number of tiki drinks which could probably benefit from this. Look for any that include pimento dram and see how they turn out. I would probably include a little more of your product than the recipe might call for of pimento dram, it sounds like yours might not be quite as intensely flavored.

-Robert

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2017, The Chanticleer Society