The Chanticleer Society
A Worldwide Organization of Cocktail Enthusiasts

How long can I keep unopened Vermouth?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 12
BoCRon Posted: 9 Jan 2015 4:44 PM

I found a local liquor store that is willing to order Carpano Antico Vermouth in the 375ml bottles. The only issue is the guy said they may require that I commit to buying at least 6 bottles. I don't mind doing that assuming I can store the bottle unopened for a while and still get a consistent product. I'm thinking it will take me a year or so to use up 6 bottles (I know of at least one person who will be getting a bottle as a gift).

My plan is to put the vermouth down in the basement in my wine storage closet, not temp controlled with anything formal but does stay a consistent temp around 65 degrees or so. 

Thoughts?

Annette

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 145

I would think you should be able to keep them for a very long time as long as they were not opened. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 445

Yes, you should be fine. Could probably keep for a couple years if necessary.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 12

Thanks so much, that's what I was hoping. Not sure how this topic got posted twice...Sorry

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 17

I don't know where you live, but the BevMo near me sells Carpano Antica vermouth in 375 ml bottles. If you have one near you they may carry them as well. If not, they may be able to order it so you can buy them one at a time.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2017, The Chanticleer Society