The Chanticleer Society
A Worldwide Organization of Cocktail Enthusiasts

Has anyone heard anything from Paul over at Cocktail Chronicles?

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 17
Colleen Evans Posted: 22 Jun 2012 12:14 PM

It's been ages since he's posted on his blog or announced a new MxMo event...

"The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass."
-Martin Mull

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 198

When I read his latest post a while back I thought it suggested he was ramping back up after his acknowledged absence. Upon re-reading I guess I filled in the blanks on my own - he never really said he was back at things regularly.

Are you concerned about his well being or just anxious for more interesting content and MxMo's? I don't know him so wouldn't know what's out of the ordinary.

[Stranded on an island essential cocktails: Sidecar, 3:1 Dry Martini with 2 olives, my own Neo Old Fashioned.]

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 17

DanielDSM:
When I read his latest post a while back I thought it suggested he was ramping back up after his acknowledged absence. Upon re-reading I guess I filled in the blanks on my own - he never really said he was back at things regularly.

I had interpreted that last post much the same, but you are right about it...

DanielDSM:
Are you concerned about his well being or just anxious for more interesting content and MxMo's? I don't know him so wouldn't know what's out of the ordinary.

Both, truthfully: He's gone a month here or there before without an event (life happens, I of all people get that,) but this recent stretch has been unusually long and unusually quiet. I do truly hope he's okay and just insanely busy...

"The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass."
-Martin Mull

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 174

I have been discussing Mixology Monday with him since April.  He wants to retire it.  I told him I would it over and he agreed.  He just hasn't gotten around to doing his last farewell event.

If not, I have the successor event planned (which was the other option I offered in case he wanted to retire his creation completely) which would be like MxMo with a new name.  I would like to keep the MxMo legacy intact which is why I have been hesitant on this part.

Cocktail Virgin blog & author of Drink & Tell: A Boston Cocktail Book. Bartender at Loyal Nine, Cambridge, MA.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 198

Well, it's good to know he's doing fine and that his absence wasn't a sign of anything more serious.

Fred, good for you offering to keep the legacy alive in some form or another! I wish you the best of luck. Please let us know what's shaking (or being stirred) with that.

[Stranded on an island essential cocktails: Sidecar, 3:1 Dry Martini with 2 olives, my own Neo Old Fashioned.]

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 174

I definitely miss it and disagree about the lack of enthusiasm about it.  Perhaps I am blinded by my own enthusiasm -- I've been contributing to MxMo for 4 years now and would gladly do another 4 years.

I know Paul well enough that I cannot bother him in the next month for he's probably preparing for several talks at Tales of the Cocktail.  August is when I'll shoot him a message about getting things done with the transfer of Mixology Monday or about me starting the successor (Tipple Tuesday).  I already have the twitter and blog names reserved just in case.

Cocktail Virgin blog & author of Drink & Tell: A Boston Cocktail Book. Bartender at Loyal Nine, Cambridge, MA.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 174

Sent him a message this week and heard back that Paul will be doing one last hurrah in September (capping off 6 years of MxMo) before passing the site off to me to run.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 198

Well, I'm both sad to see him leaving but excited for you taking it over, Fred!

He's had a good, influential run and the concept of MixMo is still alive and well in some form or another.

So, good for you, Fred and I look forward to this chapter leading to the next!

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 143

My condolences, Fred ;) Thanks for taking over.

kindredcocktails.com  |  Cocktail recipe database for professionals and enthusiasts |  Craft + Collect + Concoct + Categorize + Community

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 174

Paul just set me up with an account on Mixology Monday's blog, so hopefully everything will be going on schedule for him doing a last hurrah in September and me taking over in October.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 174

No news on whether Paul is doing a last hurrah or whether I am doing September, but I did set up a twitter account to bring MxMo into this decade.  Please spread the word!

https://twitter.com/MixologyMonday

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 174

The next Mixology Monday will be September 17th!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 198

Hurrah!

(My word-replacement for the day).

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 170

Link to the Equal Parts MXMO

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 174

RIP Mixology Monday

April 2006 - February 2017

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2010, The Chanticleer Society