Male
Posts 32
JerseyRED Posted: 2 Dec 2011 5:52 PM
111 West Markham Street
Little Rock, AR 72201
USA
phone: 501-374-7474
MODERN - $$$$ - EAT -
Located off the lobby of the historic Capital Hotel (1870) in downtown Little Rock, the Capital Bar and Grill serves up classic cocktails along with their own in-house creations.
A bar snack menu is available as well a full lunch and dinner menu.

I was pleasantly surprised upon first entering the Capital Bar and Grill (CB&G) during a long evening of business entertaining. Unfortunately, my first visit was preceded by the consumption of too many beers (along with a Porterhouse steak dinner at a famously local, greasy "steakhouse").
My party found a table and ordered a few rounds of Sazeracs and found them to be very heavy-handed with Peychaud's bitters. Not being in a state for lucid conversation on the finer points of cocktails, I tried a different classic (of which memory fails me) that I recall was extremely agreeable.

On my next trip to Little Rock, though I wanted to start the evening here, we needed to keep the customer in their comfort zone... buckets of beer. But this time when I entered the CB&G I had better* control of my faculties and while my fellow revelers found a table, I proceed directly to the bar. I informed the bartender (Lee Edwards) of my previous experience and after a short conversation I knew I found someone passionate about their craft! Not only were the Sazeracs top-notch but each cocktail that followed. On my trips to the bar I made time to view their large assortment of bitters, be introduced to tastings of new liquors and liqueurs as well as hearing a well thought-out recipe of one of the in-house cocktails.
*in comparison to my previous trip, but beers were flowing

SIDE NOTE: Great classic glasses and a high recommendation for the house-made pickles and cured meats!

Rich

Now that the new-born is no longer "new" and more importantly sleeping, I'm back at it!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2010, The Chanticleer Society