Male
Posts 12
Randy Hanson Posted: 16 Nov 2010 12:44 PM
2707 1/2 East Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406
USA
phone: 612-722-1312
CASUAL - $$$$ - EAT -
It’s not just a breakfast nook! Walk into Town Talk and be greeted with a happy yell from the back bar. It’s kitschy, with brushed aluminum and a deco flair that you would not expect to hold masterful recipes and house made ingredients. But that’s what you will find. I recommend the Jackson Pollock with it’s drips and swirls of basil oil, or the Grassy Knoll—a cocktail with a refreshing herbal slant. House-made mixers are the rule rather than the exception here, and the bartenders have won awards at national competitions. One even moved on to found Bittercube Bitters. At Town Talk, you get great cocktails without feeling drippingly fancy. It’s fun and delicious and the food is very tasty (duck bombs anyone?). Don’t forget an Adult Malt for dessert.
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 12

I love Town Talk. Great food, fantastic drinks. The bartenders really know their stuff and they're super nice. They make a mean Aviation, and plenty of more original drinks as well. If I weren't a bit too poor to drop $8-10 per drink, I would come here way too often. Incidentally, it was featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives program.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 12

Sadly, Town Talk closed a couple weeks back. The same guy opened a place downtown called The Inn recently, however. I hear the cocktails are just as good. I even think the head bartender from Town Talk is there now.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 15

Yes, sadly it did close down.  It will be missed. The original owners were Aaron Johnson and Tim Niver.  They sold it off quite awhile ago.  They now as you stated run The Inn http://tinyurl.com/4zhzp2g   Prairie Ale House prairiealehouse.com/  and The Strip Club (steakhouse) www.domeats.com

The barman's name is Jesse Held that went to The Inn.  He is Great.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2017, The Chanticleer Society