Posts 1
KevinBurke Posted: 30 Oct 2010 2:26 PM
Review: Colt & Gray
1553 Platte St. #120
Denver, Co. 80202
USA
phone: 303-477-1447
MODERN - $$$$ - EAT -
A recently opened old-world restaurant that serves well made classic cocktails, and twists on the classics. The barstaff have been recognized in local as well as national publications for their ingenuity.
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,163

Great to hear of some new and interesting cocktail establishments coming to Denver. For me, it was my own trip to Denver several years ago which started me thinking about putting this "Guide to great cocktail bars" together. I had asked around for some recommendations of Denver bars, and came up blank, and then once getting there I asked around to try to find something, and while I visited several interesting joints, none of them had "the right stuff". Can't wait for a trip to Denver again and to try the Colt & Gray

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 1
Chuck Burns replied on 20 Feb 2011 7:38 PM

My wife and I made a point of visiting Colt & Gray during a trip to Denver to see the Celtic Women at Red Rocks.  We had an absolutely wonderful experience at Colt & Gray. We arrived far in advance of our dinner reservation so we could sit at the bar and chat with the bartenders and sample a variety of cocktails. My wife had a "Queens park Swizzle" made with Cachaca which she loved. My first cocktail was their "1920's Cocktail" which is a modified Manhatten. It was made with a high end bourbon (I foreget which), Carpana Antica vermouth, bitters and an absinthe rinse in the glass. It was a wonderful drink ant Colt and Gray is the ONLY bar I have ever been in that has Carpano Antica Vermouth. We tried four or five other drinks throughout the evening and was very pleased with all of them. One of the bartenders had figured out my wifes taste and blended a special cocktail (no name - her spur of the moment invention) for her that she loved This drink was even gratis as it was unordered; do you think they got a great tip or not?. They had quite a selection of bitters with many being homemade. The bartenders that were on were Mo and Erin and they took the time to properly make cocktails. They were also kind enough to answer this amatuer mixologists questions.

We also had dinner which was wonderful as were the appetizers and dessert. I am very fusyy about food and drink and our visit to Colt & Gray was as good as it gets. The service was attentive, the house manager was really on top of things and the bartenders were stellar. I give it my highest recomendation. It is our must visit plac whenever we go to Denver. For what it is worth it is not cheap but it is well worth the cost.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2010, The Chanticleer Society