Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 11
John Posted: 14 Jun 2010 4:19 PM
102 South 13th st.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
United States
MODERN - $$$$ - EAT -
Apothecary is a trendy, modern cocktail lounge with fairly limited seating, so get a reservation if you're going to go. There's an outside deck or indoor seating available, and the music is low enough for easy conversation without yelling. It's a very nice place to sit and relax and sip some cocktails.

I enjoyed the time I spent at APO, so thanks for the recommendation.  While the drinks were good, I think most of the good time was because of the atmosphere, allowing our group to converse without straining ourselves.  The cocktail menu was pretty limited, and so were the liquor selections.  I think they have a way to go before I'd compare them to one of the heavy hitters in the industry, but it's a solid place to spend a night and grab some good cocktails.  Our server was a little on the soft side when it came to knowledge, but one of her colleagues was able to rescue her when I asked for an old tom on the rocks (which they did, to their credit, have in stock).

All in all, I'd give the drinks a 7 out of 10, the service a 7.5 out of ten, and the atmosphere a 8.5-9 out of 10.  Definitely worth a stop by.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,163
Review for APO Bar and Lounge (Apothecary) has been updated by Robert Hess
  • Latitude was changed from to 39.94959713611373
  • Longitude was changed from to -75.16174614429477
  • Phone was changed from to (215) 735-7500
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2010, The Chanticleer Society