Posts 199
Elvira Posted: 23 May 2010 4:26 AM
Review: Del Diego
Calle de la Reina 12
Madrid, Madrid 28004
Spain
phone: 915227544
CASUAL - $$$$ - EAT -
A nice place to go to have a well made cocktail, but you better be there early as it by 10PM it gets very crowded. It opens at 7PM and closes at 3AM. Snack is served and their prices are average, you can't make reservations and the style is casual. It's a nice place to stop after a long day of shopping or visiting museums where you can be sure you are going to get a well made cocktail.
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 199
Elvira replied on 23 May 2010 4:29 AM
Review for Del Diego has been updated by Elvira
  • Food offering was changed to Light
  • Summary was changed from A nice place to go to have a well made cocktail, but you better be there early as it by 10PM it gets very crowded. It opens at 7PM and closes at 3AM. Snack is served and their prices are average, you can't make reservations and the style is casual. It's a nice place to stop after a long day of shopping or visiting museums where you can be sure you are going to get a well made cocktail. to A nice place to go to have a well made cocktail, but you better be there early as it by 10PM it gets very crowded. It opens at 7PM and closes at 3AM. Some food is is served and their prices are average, you can't make reservations and the style is casual. It's a nice place to stop after a long day of shopping or visiting museums where you can be sure you are going to get a well made cocktail and if you are a little hungry you can get some tapas to eat.
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,163
Review for Del Diego has been updated by Robert Hess
  • Latitude was changed from to 40.420091
  • Longitude was changed from to -3.699321
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 40

Del Diego is a Madrid classic, and for years it was almost the only place where you could get a good drink. However, I've heard many tales of disappointment. I think it's a generational issue: the way they do things seem to have remained the same since they opened over twenty years ago. You don't really feel any willingness to keep on moving, to learn new things. It's a bit stale, but they know how to make a classic drink (although if you ask for a old-fashioned, make sure to let them know you'd rather they don't fill it with soda).

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 199

Yes, I agree with you. It has for many years being almost the only place in Madrid where you can get a decent cocktail, and fortunately things are changing. The place is nice but the drinks are a little to sweet for my taste. It is though a good place to stop before having dinner.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright (c) 2008-2010, The Chanticleer Society